Bengaluru has been attacked. Low intensity blasts in a span of one hour in six different places rocked the IT capital of India on Friday afternoon in which two people died and several others were injured. While the first seven blasts took place between 1.30-2.30 pm, the eighth blast blast took place at Hosaguddahalli, near Gopalan Mall, on Mysore road at around 5.30 pm and the ninth blast took place near the Army Engineering College on Mysore Road at 6.30 pm.
An 18-year-old girl was shot dead and her friend injured by an office boy of a residential school in Bengaluru, police said.
According to police sources, Darshan's aide Nagaraj was looking after all the dealings of the actor.
Simran Shaikh stays in a tiny 12 by 12 feet room along with her grandmother, parents and siblings. On Sunday, her life changed perhaps forever when she became the most expensive hire at the Women's Premier League auction.
The man accused of urinating on a co-passenger on board a flight of Air India from New York to Delhi, switched off his mobile phone and went incommunicado after the incident got reported in the media.
You can e-mail your pictures to getahead@rediff.co.in (My Lord Ganesha Pix) with your name, location, details about your Lord Ganesha and what this festival means to you. We will publish the best entries right here on Rediff.com.
The accused had been stalking the victim for four or five days and molested her when she was returning home after celebrating New Year
The court remanded him to judicial custody for seven days till May 14.
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Saturday said it has detected alleged irregularities after it conducted raids in a money laundering case to probe 'black marketing' of tickets for two 'highly anticipated' music concerts by British rock band Coldplay and actor-singer Diljit Dosanjh.
Can ordinary citizens counter this backward march? Can peace activists ensure that the two communities retain their bonds? Do they have a choice, asks Jyoti Punwani.
According to police sources, Renukaswamy (33) drew the wrath of Darshan for making lewd comments against Pavithra Gowda on her social media posts.
A list of lesser-travelled destinations in India that you must explore this year!
The court issued the warrant in connection with the sexual assault case registered against Prajwal on Saturday in which his father and Holenarasipura MLA H D Revanna is also an accused.
The four allegedly pulled the woman, who was sitting in the National Games Village Park at Koramangala, into their car at around 10 PM on March 25 and sped in the vehicle.
The protests, which erupted after the Supreme Court refused to interfere with orders of the Cauvery Water Management Authority and the Cauvery Water Regulation Committee directing the state to release 5,000 cusecs of water to neighbouring Tamil Nadu, have intensified.
According to police, a first information report (FIR) was registered under Sections 384 (punishment for extortion) and 120B (criminal conspiracy) read with 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention) against Union minister Nirmala Sitharaman, Enforcement Directorate officials, office-bearers of the Bharatiya Janata Party at state and national level, based on the order of a special court.
A Bengaluru court on Thursday issued a non-bailable arrest warrant against Yediyurappa in the case registered against him under the POCSO Act on March 14 this year.
The 21-year-old Tanzanian, who is doing her Bachelor of Business Management course, was dragged out of the car in which she was seated along with her three friends.
The total number of active cases across the state is now 1,15,733. There were 2,363 discharges, taking the total number of recoveries to 29,70,365, a health department bulletin said.
A 54-year-old woman who accused senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader B S Yediyurappa of allegedly sexually abusing her 17-year-old daughter died at a private hospital in Bengaluru due to lung cancer, police said on Monday.
Sampath Raj, the Congress corporator from Devara Jeevanahalli municipal ward, was arrested in Bengaluru, the sources said without divulging further details. He had escaped from a private hospital where he got admitted for COVID-19.
Jagadish and Anukumar were taken into custody from the district headquarters town of Chitradurga by a team led by Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Dinakar.
After killing her mother, Sen packed the body in a suitcase with her photograph and came to the Mico Layout police station. Subsequently, a murder case was registered by a police sub-inspector, Baba added.
A police complaint has been lodged at Barakhamba police station in Delhi, against 26 Opposition parties "for improper use of the name of INDIA and use of the said name for the undue influence and personation at elections."
A total 17 people, including Darshan and his friend Pavithra Gowda, are accused in the murder case.
Protocols for the Bomb Threat Assessment Committee (BTAC), convened in the event of a bomb threat call to an aircraft or airport, have been tweaked to better tackle the spate of the ongoing 'random' Internet-based threats being made to various Indian airlines, official sources said Tuesday.
They were similar to electronic wallet Paytm. Bommai's face figures in the middle of the QR code with the message "40 % accepted here".
According to police, Yediyurappa has been booked under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, 2012, and Section 354 A (Sexual harassment) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) based on a complaint by the mother of a 17-year-old girl who alleged that he molested her daughter during a meeting on February 2 this year, at his residence in Dollars Colony in Bengaluru.
The CCTV footage of the video shows the accosted woman getting off an auto rickshaw and walking towards her home, when one of the two men suddenly appears in her way and begins to molest her.
Srinivas was accompanied by his lawyer and Assam Congress leaders, including MLAs Rakibul Hussain and Rekibuddin Ahmed.
"The central paramilitary forces have arrived in the city. One is from Bengaluru, another being grouped from Tamil Nadu, Telangana and Mysuru," Bengaluru Deputy Commissioner of Police (West division) Sanjeev M Patil said.
So far, 124 accused have been arrested in the D J Halli police station case and 169 in the KG Halli police station case.
The case was registered against Revanna, a former Minister and son of JD-S patriarch and former Prime Minister H D Deve Gowda and his confidant Sathish Babanna in Mysuru on Thursday night for allegedly abducting a woman.
'I've come here as a commoner. Justice is needed to ensure that this incident is never repeated.'
The Bengaluru police filed an affidavit before the Karnataka high court on Thursday alleging that controversial People's Democratic Party leader Abdul Nasar Madani was trying to form an Islamic India. Madani was arrested on Tuesday for his alleged role in the Bengaluru serial blasts that had rocked the city on July 25, 2008. On Wednesday, Madani had filed an application in the high court seeking his discharge from the case.
The Karnataka government on Monday said that the police have some clues on the bomb blasts that rocked the city a fortnight ago. The probe is continuing. The police have got some clues. At this stage, it will not be in the public interest to disclose them. So far, 500 people have been questioned in connection with the blasts," said state Home Minister Dr V S Acharya.Acharya said that the government would soon promulgate an ordinance amending KCOCA.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Friday filed a supplementary chargesheet in a special court here against a suspected ISIS terrorist for his alleged involvement in collecting and supplying arms and ammunition in Mumbai as part of a larger conspiracy of the terror group, an official said.
Mussavir Hussain Shazib and Adbul Matheen Ahmed Taahaa were traced to their hideout near Kolkata and apprehended by an NIA team, they said.
Soon after the incident, clashes took place between the organisers and the miscreants leading to both sides attacking each other with plastic chairs.
The Supreme Court Monday termed as 'horrendous' the video of two women being paraded naked in Manipur and sought information about steps taken so far in the first information reports (FIRs) lodged, saying now it will not want the state police to probe the matter as they virtually handed over the women to the rioting mob.